Exterior Wood Siding And The Drawbacks:
Exterior wood siding is used on historic American homes to protect the facade and provide a charming, rural look. In the 20th century, many people started using vinyl and fiber cement siding because of the disadvantages of conventional wood siding. Here’s what can happen with traditional wood siding:
- Rotting: Wood siding is susceptible to warping and rotting. In wet areas with heavy rains, excess moisture can wreak havoc on your siding and cause irreversible damage.
- Insect Damage: Insects like termites can severely damage your siding. In one year, a colony of termites can cause significant, long-lasting issues.
The Advantages Of Engineered Siding:
Engineered materials are now available that mimic the look of wood siding but without the disadvantages. LP SmartSide Siding looks excellent on almost all types of architecture and offers many advantages worth considering:
- Temperature Resilience: SmartSide siding holds up to extreme weather, moisture, and wind.
- Insect Resistance: Insects are not drawn to this composite product and are much less likely to damage it.
- Won’t Warp: Unlike real wood, the engineered siding will not warp. Each piece comes ready to be cut down and installed.
Composite Exterior Wood Siding Adds Earthy Elegance To Virginia Homes.
LP SmartSide looks fantastic on homes and cabins in the woods. It’s also equally appropriate in high-end neighborhoods to help distinguish your home from the brick and vinyl siding of your neighbors. Put it on the whole house or just for the trim for a durable option you’ll love.
Valley Roofing & Exteriors Brings Expert Installation To Every Job.
Our talented and trained team provides reliable installation for a long-lasting investment. Whether it’s siding, windows, roofing, or gutters, we’ve got you covered with detailed quotations, comprehensive services, and unbeatable warranties. Contact a member of our team to get started.