A Poorly Installed Roof Can Be Fixed By Experienced Professionals.
When a roof is installed poorly, it can create nightmarish situations with water seeping into your home and structural damage costly to repair. We see more situations of poor installation when we visit the homes and businesses of our clients than we care to remember. While we gladly repair and replace many roofs in Virginia, we would be even happier if installers did right by their clients the first time. Here’s a breakdown on what can happen when a roof is installed poorly:
- Blowing Off: If a roof isn’t fastened properly, it can start blowing off piece-by-piece.
- Moisture Problems: A poorly installed roof leaks causing structural damage to your home. Moisture inside your attic is NOT a good thing
- Less Energy Efficient: Once water enters your home through possible cracks, you can expect an increase in heating and air bills.
Special Attention And Care Minimizes Problems Down The Road.
Proper installation requires experience and adherence to code and manufacturers guidelines. Here are some areas where we see bad installers make significant errors:
- Poorly Installed Chimney Flashing: Water leaking in and around chimneys is a prevalent problem. Roof flashing needs to be installed properly to keep your chimney watertight.
- Damaged Shingles: Handling shingles the wrong way is a surefire way to experience leaks later on. Walking on shingles in hot weather tears the grit from their surface keeping them from adhering properly.
- Scratched & Bent Metal: Poor handling of metal roofing can result in scratches and buckling that’s often immediately obvious but sometimes not apparent for years.
Experienced Installation Is A Valley Roofing & Exteriors Standard.
We’ve been installing, repairing, and maintaining roofing since 2004. Our experienced team understands the requirements of our industry to install a roof built to last. Contact a member of our team to get started.